‘Connect’ Activity Service
The ‘Connect’ Activity Service was born from the merger of the Adult Training and Leisure Time Services, and aims to offer comprehensive care and support to people aged 18 and over with intellectual disabilities (ID), informing them on the variety of possibilities that free time provides.
'Connect' offers a range of training exercises and entertainment activities, provides spaces to meet people and administers the support necessary to help individuals choose, participate in and make the most of free-time activities.
- To encourage independent decision-making and development of personal interests and tastes.
- To provide a training space that allows people to gain the knowledge and practice the skills necessary to enjoy greater independence.
- To accompany and support each individual when creating and carrying out their free-time plan.
- To promote a variety of opportunities allowing individuals to make use of their time, share experiences, train, travel and make friends.
- Facilitate access to the communal free time activities on offer in the city.
The purpose of this program is to assist, encourage and give individuals the chance to participate in the range of socio-cultural and training activities on offer in their community.
This involves someone helping the disabled individual(s) in their day-to-day activities. We do this in two ways:
- Working with the disabled, to advise, accompany and support them when researching and carrying out their chosen activity.
- Working with community staff, training them how to welcome individuals with ID and explain and promote the services on offer.
Focus and Awareness
The service team advises and collaborates with institutions, professionals, and community facilities, stressing to them the importance of including people with ID in the community.
It cares for families, providing them with guidance on the social participation of individuals with ID, and working towards their participation in ordinary activities in a natural environment.
The Service Team is a group of specialised professionals, assisted by volunteers and trainees studying a variety of social science-based degrees.
Tel. +34 932 157 423 (ext. 0)
Fax +34 932 157 699
Public opening hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 - 19:30
Friday: 9:00 - 14:00
Visits by appointment only.
Adults aged 18 and over with intellectual disabilities
- Psychologists and neuropsychologists
- Support team members
- Team of university professors